Tobacco Issues in Kansas
Governor Brownback wants to increase cigarette taxes by $1 to to $2.29 — higher than any neighboring state! Additionally, the proposal would double the tax rate on other tobacco products from 10% to 20%.
Contact the Governor's office to say NO:
Toll Free: 877-KSWORKS (877-579-6757) Local: 785-368-8500, or click here to email
Contact via Twitter: @GovSamBrownback
Tell your state legislators to reject higher taxes on any tobacco product! Contact your legislators today and tell them:
- No more tobacco tax increases!
- Kansas businesses want their legislators to act responsibly and cut spending instead of increasing taxes on consumers.
- Higher tobacco taxes hurt businesses and foster crimes like evasion and smuggling.
- Legislators should focus on policies that promote job growth - NOT threaten them.
- Adult tobacco consumers are hard-working citizens who can least afford new taxes in this economy.
CALL: 1-866-658-8337 (toll free)
E-MAIL: CLICK HERE to email your Elected
The excise tax on one pack of cigarettes in Kansas is currently $1.29.
Take a closer look at the cigarette tax dollars being collected in Kansas in FY2014.
||Cigarette Excise Taxes
||Other Tobacco Products Taxes
||Cigarette Sales Taxes
||Tobacco Settlement Payments
||Total Smoker Payments FY2014