At an ever-increasing rate, state and local governments across the country are proposing new restrictions or bans on tobacco advertising and marketing in retail establishments. Common themes of these proposals include:
- Banning tobacco advertising inside the retail store
- Banning the use of color advertising
- Requiring retailers to post graphic images at the point-of-sale
- Requiring tobacco products to be placed in locations in the retail store not visible to consumers
- Banning tobacco sales at certain retail establishments
- Restricting the sale of certain flavored, non-cigarette tobacco products
Click here to take action on restrictive proposals that impact your business.